Thursday, November 5, 2009

November Inspiration Home...

The Martinez Home is our November home to Remember


Thanksgiving, or Harvest or whatever you chose to call it, time can be particularly challenging for design-istas (do you like that one? I made it up all by m'self). And, when you think about it, it IS a really obscure sort of Holiday (from a design perspective that is). I mean, what to go with- cutesy little turkeys dressed up in pilgrim styled top hats and boots, or the more general wicker woven cornucopia spilling out a menagerie of inappropriately selected produce? Well, my thought is to revisit our old friend, KISS. Member KISS? Keep It Simple Stupid! And I feel like KISS is saying, utilize color!!!!!! Though I know for many of you that is a very unnerving prospect, but trust me and we'll get through it together. Step one: Whether it be cornucopias crammed with crap or turkeys in top hats, keep the chachki-esque accessories consistent and don't over do it! Regardless of what Hallmark tries to tell you, DON'T OVER DO IT. Rather, this is step two people: create color blocks. Change out your usual throw pillows (where you can) to those in more fall time hues (deep reds, green, orange, and you might even throw in some plum here and there for pizazz) introduce simple fall-leaf arrangements, and don't forget the pumpkins- those which haven't been mangled by botched carving attempts can easily transition to Thanksgiving table tops and scatter throughout your space. In an attempt to illustrate what it is that I am saying (well... some of us are visual learners!), I want to introduce you to The Martinez Home. This place is a fantastic feat of fall time festiveness- did I actually go there? I did, child I did!- but seriously, it's pretty phenomenal! I will be posting a tour of the space in the coming days, but for now, check out their Living Room. Subtle, quiet, peaceful yet still very fall feeling! PERFECT! Can't you just smell the Turkey roasting in the oven?!?!?
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment