Monday, November 23, 2009

Mommy, I see icicles.








You know I will never give this branch up!  I will dress it up for every occasion including my own funeral and even then, dress it in black lace and take it with me!  But seriously, use icicles in applications beyond the Christmas Tree.  BUT use them sparingly and realistically and in varying sizes.  










When I was a little designer-to-be, I LOVED to decorate my mom's tree every Christmas. And when I say, I loved to decorate it, I mean just that, me loved it.  No, I most certainly did not let my sisters help (although they inevitably managed to get one or two things hung here and there which I would, inevitably, have to re-place to the back side of the tree where only those entering the room through the wall itself would be able to appreciate their ornament selections) I did it for everyone else, what can I say, Im a giver.  In aaaany event, my absolute favorite ornaments were the glass icicles that she, through some miracle, had.  Maybe it was the way that they sparkled as the tree lights reflected off of them (lord knows I loves a sparkly), or perhaps it was the fact that in comparison to the remaining gawd-awful assortment of paper-mache santa heads, fabric covered styrofoam balls and ornaments sent as "thank you's" for pledging $20 to Pat Robertson and his 700 club, OR maybe it was that she just had tons of them (and we all know how much I favor aesthetic statement through a collection) whatever the reason, the simplistic icicle just seemed... right.  I would cover the tree with them.  All right I MAY have gone over board (MAY have).  But, I couldn't help m'self!  Fast forward to, umm, now and let me tell you why you need to know about icicles.  Gurl, they are cheap!  And not that you are concerned by the trivialities of money, but who doesn't love a bargain?!?!?  So, for the bargain shopper in alla you... I give... the icicle!  

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment