Monday, November 16, 2009

Do I deliver, or what!

Alright, you may love me now.  As I promised I would, I scoured high and low in search of a fantastic Holiday hostess gift and not only found a gift, BUT I also found a must have for your own space!  Thats right, I found 2 (!!!) grrrreat tid bits that you must run out right this very second and snatch up.  What is it (for those of you who need a little help beyond the giynormous pics posted here)- well, I thought long and hard about what is both useful (as hopefully none of us need to review the whole chotchkie lesson) AND a brilliant decorative element.  I wanted something that is gender-indiscriminate and ageless.  I wanted it to transcend the stylistic border lines.  I wanted it to be deliciously unique.  And, of course (a nod to the more fiscally responsible of you out there, but seriously is being fiscally responsible any fun?) I wanted it to be, uh, well, cheap- does that word sting as much to hear as it does to actually say?  Whatev.  And, ladies and gentlemens, this is what I got!  CANDLES, CANDLES, CANDLES!  No not your run of the mill, I picked it up with a new pair of gym shorts and a box of q-tips whilst I was running through Target (pronounced tar-shje, if your gonna shop there, lets try to class up the experience ok?).  Not the candy coated, makes you nauseous from the chemicals that it saturates your space in, a la Glade (pronounced glah-day, or so we're told by the ads).  No, I got you something special!  Take a look see and love 'em for yourself...

Gee maw, them thar cadndles got wangs!  Yes Virginia, that is a winged candle.  Every time a bell rings, a candle gets its wings... lord, I could go on and on... AND ON! But, fear not, Ima spare you. Anywho, how friggin adorable are these?!?!?!  Cant make them out?  Allow me, these lil'babies are hand cute and pressed, galvanized angel wings.  They have small spike-like stems that easily press into the sides of any wax candles!  And voila...! Instant candle angel!  Then when the candle burns us, you can reuse them 
in another candle... OR, dare I?  Yes, I think I will, you can even 

reuse them in other ways throughout your space!  Lying side by side atop the open pages of a fabulous old book on your coffee table, fixed above one of your favorite pictures on the wall, mixed into other elements 'neath the spotlight of a dome/cloche... and on and on and on, again, someone stop me!  Ok, but seriously, the best part is that after you take your self to (GULP) IKEA and run through the aisles past all of the deceivingly priced, seemingly great buys (that's a post for another day) to the .99 cent plain pillar candles, pick one thats not dented up and buy it, then for another $8.00 and the effort to push the wings into place, you have great centerpiece, host(ess) gift, table top accent!  What more could you ask for Virginia?!?!?

WoodWick Candles are going to be you new BFF.  I love these little guys, and not just because the Biscotti smells so much like a baked good that I find myself wondering what it would taste like if I just took a lick, but because they are an evolution from the ordinary candle.  Granted the aesthetic appeal may be a bit lacking, but TURST, on every single other level, you will heart this bad boy!  Especially people like me, who wish that we had a fireplace to cozy up next to but, alas, don't- thanks to their wooden wick, THEY CRACKLE AND POP LIKE A MINI-FIREPLACE!!!  Also, did I mention the scents are to die for?  TO DIE FOR- Biscotti, Cider, Cinnamon Chai, etc... Delish!  Finally, yes they too are, uh hem, affordable!  100 hours of burn time and only $19.95!!!  Now thats a holiday deal worth giving thanks for, ha!

You are welcome and so on and so forth, 

-J



No comments:

Post a Comment