Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My (and now your) 10 Fashion Commandments!

I'm always late, but worth the wait. I'm so excited to be a part of this blog! I have so much that I want to share. But before I begin, Im going to set a foundation.


1. If you do not fit, you must (a)quit.
I know its cliche, but its the truth. If you have to ask if your outfit makes you look fat, then it probably does. AMEN!

2. When in doubt, wear black.
Whenever I dont know what to weat to an event, head to toe black always works. I always add a statement piece (bag, shoe, jewlery) to help differentiate me from the hired staff.

3. Gold, Gold, Gold and more Gold.
I LOVE GOLD!!! Its a good pop for any occasion. Some days I can give Mr. T a run for his money.

4. Eyewear
Never underestimate the power of eyewear. The right pair of sunglasses can bring so much to a look. Juse because you don't have a perscription doesn't mean that you can't wear a frame with clear lenses. Forget what you heard!

5. Good fashion is genderless.
Don't be afraid to cross the gender line. If I see a piece that I love in the women's department, Im going to make it happen.

6. Invest in the classics.
If your money is tight invest in the classics. I would love to buy the best of thebest ever season, but the reality is... I can't.

7. Embrace trends.
Trends keep me youthful. I like to refer to them as my "fashion fountain of youth". But be very careful with them, they're supposed to be friends but can easily become enemies if not handeled carefully.

8. Bags
Without it Im never fully prepared. Im able to create three different looks with the contents of my bag- day, night and of course, sexy!

9. Labels
If you can afford them- great! If not, who cares?!?!? Labels should be on the inside of the garment, not across your chest or butt!

10. More is more.
If you think your outfit is dont too much, then it probably is, so... WORK IT!

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment