Thursday, December 31, 2009

SKATE - Don't Walk


In July 2007, Broadway gave its patrons (myself included) the gift of "Xanadu." Based on the 1980 musical movie of the same name starring Olivia Newton-John, "Xanadu" will knock your skates off and leave you begging for more.


Regardless of the movie's seven nominations at the first annual "Razzie" Awards, the Oscar's antithesis, the musical utilizes every flawed ounce of the script to ensure the audience's mouth corners seldom let go of their earlobes.


I will not dwell on the plot points, highlights & performers of this show. Rather, I will personally guarantee each person willing to take the risk that they will without a doubt have the night of their life when "Xanadu" is a part of it.


The First-National Tour of "Xanadu" is currently in Sacramento, CA. I was in attendance opening night and was thrilled to see that 99% of the magic from Broadway was still there and that people all over the country will get a shot at seeing this smash hit.


"Xanadu" is intended for all. I doubt your biggest cynic wouldn't find themselves in a school girl giggle. 90 minutes of pure hilarity and non-stop fun.
Test me. I DARE YOU!


-SMA

No comments:

Post a Comment