Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Santa made this stuff... fer real, he did!

So I'm late. I know. What can I say, this season has even lil'ol moi running like a chicken without a head- and more than usual even! Ha! Anywho, without further ado, here is the best of the best of my gawr-jiss finds for December...





Aight, I'm not going to lie to you- no, these little beauties are not vintage OR antique. BUT, they are absolutely delightful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Birds that have been artfully covered in glitter...(???!!!???!!!)... need I say more? Makes me wonder what else I could cover in glitter... ornaments, garland, my Christmas Eve outfit. Would that be too much? Uh, Michael...?















I will admit that I too turned my back and gave all things Cherub the cold shoulder round bout 1995- I was a very savvy teenager. HOWEVER, this chubbers is most certainly not a cherub (and even if he were, he'd be the exception because I said so). Therefore he deserves our love. And, if this were'nt a family oriented blog Id show you his, uh, rear area and this conversation would be over and you'd be his new owner, fo sho!










Wait a second, I need to breath! I LOVE this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT! There are all sorts of mirrors out there, but nothing as classy as this little piece. I seriously love it, really. If this were a different world, I might have to marry it. Ok, that might be weird, but you get my point! Its so purdy, right?!?!










Ok, I lied. THIS is my new lover [you got's some competition JD ;-) ]. Isn't this friggin fantastic! Ok, ok, hold on, let me explain: this trunk is the most wonderful bluey silver color with wear spots of soft beige, BUT it is not painted or died, oh no. It is the most delightfully time worn cow hide ever! And, the bits of detail that you see trimming it AND the initials on top are made with original nailheads! Oooooh... I love, I live, I die for it.



You remember those commercials with the crazy lady who wanted to get into Mervyns for some riduculous sale that they were having? She stood outside tapping on the doors saying, "open, open, open", well, I feel like her when I look at this. I heart a good crusifix, that sounds so weird but I do. And I may have to just run down and pick this one up and bring it home for myself! I've been fighting with myself every since I saw it, but I loosing the battle... ugh, what to do!


For those of you who have those huge-mongeous homes with the massive dining tables and they just dont know what to do with all that space- first of all, I hate you (just kidding, but only a little bit). Second, dont be afriad to go big! How great would this be down the center of your massive table? Huh, how great?!?!?



Im sure that you will remember the rules: thou shalt have a touch of nature in every space, thou shalt pepper your home with a bit of religious iconography, and so on and so forth. Well here's the new one (for those who are less observant): Thou shalt introduce asain accents when appropriate. These can be more than just seating surfaces people!







I know, I love this too, but I'm not even going to say a thing other than- refer to the rules mentioned above.




You MAY have to fight me for this one. This infant of Prague is SO my new BFF! Really, I was like talking with him and we were brushing eachothers hair- no we weren't. But I do think he is just the best! He's larger than most (24ish inches tall) and less gaudy- which normally I dont like, but in his case works. Anyway, he's SO my favorite baby Jesus, like ever!





















I thought about bringing this piece home and putting it next to my bed. Its a holy water font for those of you who cant figure it out. And, NO that's not why I wanted to place it there (get your mind outa the gutter, fer shame!)- I wanted it because it's THAT lovely- I needed to sleep next to it! Buuuut, it didn't fit in the space that I had- le sigh. But that means that you are lucky enough to have a chance at it. LUCKY YOU!







Ok, so there you go. Yawn, Im sleepy, I gotta get some rest, Im beginning to love these things more and more- Im spending way too much time treasure hunting! But Im addicted. Whats a gurl to do?

-J


No comments:

Post a Comment