Friday, February 12, 2010

Ok, hang on... I gotta show you this!

So I know that I'm supposed to be picking up where I left off, but I just gota ton of new yummies in at the Shop and had to show you!!! THESE are truly the most beautiful things on earth (and no, I am NOT being dramatic)! Take a look and see for yourself...




So simple and yet... so dreamy. Le sigh. Although I love the statement that multiples make (as you can see here, more of this good thing is simply more!), these little beauties can definitely stand alone. Vintage bottles and ceramic tags are just damn cute, riiiight?!?!?!

sizes vary $24. ea






When the guy I bought these zinc architectural pieces from told me how/where he got them (he pulled them off an old building in New York City) I have to admit that I almost felt a bit of moisture accumulating in the corner of m'eye. Buuut then I imagined how loverly they would look all together on a wall, each showcasing a special little something... and I thought, RADICAL! I loves them and gotta have 'em, gimme gimme!!! I mean since they already were ripped from their og home, they might as well begin life anew in one that would appreciate them.
slight variances $45. ea


Something about these bad boys makes me feel a bit romantic... or maybe its the whole Valentine's Day Weekend thing... naaaaa! Anyway, lord knows I love a bit of bead work- usually on a drapey shirt or pair of too tight jeans, but we'll discuss my outfit for Sunday later. JK (kinda)!!! Anyway, I DO love beads and here they help to gussy up ordinary pillar candles! God bless 'em!
$39.95 ea





New York! Concrete jungle where dreams are made... and so on and so forth. To be honest, this COULD refer to nearly any city and Id still love it, because, as per usual, its less about the content here than the form. Actually this kinda sorta looks like one of those eye charts at the DMV, right? Well, whatev- it works! Its smart and clean and still slightly whimsical. I love. Get it. You'll thank me later.
$89.00









No Im not showing you another pic of another Quan Yin! You should be so lucky! Im showing you the deliciously delicate, blossom be-laden branches hugging her, smarty pants! ARE THEY NOT TO DYE FOR! These are porcelain blossoms that have wire tails allowing you to fix them to branches or together or however your creative mind inspires you to! I can barely handle how great they are!!! $9.95 ea








Mm mm mm! Who is SHE?!?! Ha! These lil loveys are wood carved bird tapers. They look like they are well fed and content and they just make me happy. Do they make you happy? The correct answer is, Yes J. they SO make me happy! Really??? I'm so glad you agree!
39.95 ea


Can you make these out??? Sorry, I told you before, I would die if my life depended on my photography skills! But these are attempting to show you some new candles that smell incred AND are packed beee-utifully! The various scents are wrapped in birchwood boxes and tied with a crystal! Sparkly!!! Eeeeee!!!!
$39.95 ea



Aaaaand these pics are trying to show you the newest Vintage Chalkware Icons that you know I had to snap up. HAD TO! Marry's, er, Madonnas to the left, and Therese to the right. Lets keep it together ladies.
From $67.00












I think that the best things are both gorgeous to look at AND fantastically functional. For example, wouldn't it be amazing if we could find like trays that could offer AND look good while doing so? What?!?!? Look at that! I got just the thing! Wood carved, wing trays! I know. I AM brilliant.
From $44.00



While someone might automatically want to use these as foot stools, lets think outside of that box for a minute, shall we? Of course they make great resting places for weary soles, BUT wouldn't they also make uh-durable risers on a table top? Again, the answer from you would go something like this: 'you are totally right J!' and then I would say, I know! Of course I am! A pile of old books a group of statuettes, a small table lamp... fun, right?!?!?
From $24.00

More sinfully gorgeous trays that are also functional!
(small above and medium sizes below)
From $9.95








You know why I like Mercury Glass so much? Because it's shiny. That's it. It glitters and glistens and catches my eye. And for those less glamorous among you, these liddle widdle votive holders offer you an opportunity to incorporate a bit of that pizazz without all of the statement. Love it!!!!
$3.95 ea













This is Reindeer Moss. Yes, just like Rudolph. And JUST like Rudolph, this stuff knows how to stand out. For those of you lucky enough to frequent FG (The Shop) you're familiar with this fluffy, pop of color stuff. Its great in MANY MANY applications. I particularly love the way that it looks when added to a really time worn found object (ex: a beat to hell, chalkware mary statuette). It can soften hard lines AND infuse a bit of life into any space. And at $3.95 a bag, you just cant go wrong.





Ah ha! Thought you were done with the religious things, didn't ya?!?! Well we are not.
Come on folks... doesn't this piece just scream tranquility? Doesnt it just reach out, wrap its hands round your throat and shout, 'SERENITY'! Ha! I think so too :)
$45.00




For those who may not already know, Im fond of bead-work and jeweled items. No, really, I am. And to that, this may very well be my most favorite, favorite new thing. Look closely, these little bronze birdies have green, jeweled eyes!!! And, yes, they open up for usefulness sake, but... they have jeweled eyes people... jeweled! Uuuuugh...
$19.95ea








So when we got these in, Tracy said, 'oh I hate these, they look like something you would buy in a tourist shop!'. And, in all of my infinite wisdom and tact replied, 'shut up, you're stupid!' Too harsh? Eh. Maybe. Really though, how dare she, how apparently fab are they?!?!? But she soon came to agree with my opinion that they are actually super fly. Funny how that works, isn't it? Huh, go figure. Well, anyway, the key to these, is HOW you show 'em. groupings actually make them stand out and say, 'hey, look at me, I'm gorgeous'. Okay well not literally, but they do look gorgeous in clusters as we've done here. And, if you should choose to pick us one and hang him solo, just make sure that you don't have like a South Beach-to-death room full of other sea themed items and you should be fine.
$19.95 ea







I still believe that placed cautiously and correctly, animal print is an asset to any room's design. But that's part of my rant regarding last post- so Ill refrain from going off on a tangent about that (because I would never steer off course from the subject at hand). What I want you to see are the runners that we just got in. They are small and cute and CHEAP (ha! I knew that would wake you up!!!). Plus, their light weight makes them great for layering. Oooooo, I heart that idea.
From $60.00

Okay these are great. I've carried them for years and lots of you have bought them. And after a long hiatus, I decided that they were just one of those fantastic things on so many levels that we just needed to get 'em again and now YOU just need 'em as well. They float... or not, they look great lit... or not, they are realistic looking and work well alone or in groups... really, what more could you ask for?
$5.95 ea



Right. The photo sucks. Got it, thanks. Lemme just tell you that I have these and more than the fact that they are adorable, they are so darn great to use!!! Not that Im clumsy or anything, but lets just say that the stem on a traditional wine glass make for lots of unfortunate happenings in my house. These wine and water (respectively labeled) are practically fool proof! Thank goodness for clever people.
$7.95 ea

What is that?!?!? Ha! This is actually two (one staked on top of the other), wire riser/stands. They are uber cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think they are the sort of thing that would be much better placed in a room other than the kitchen. Let you minds wander... hmmm....
$47.00 ea




SO, that's it... for now. But actually there ARE others... but my fingers are tired. Waaaa! Do you love? Who am I kidding, of course you do :)

-J



No comments:

Post a Comment