Friday, February 26, 2010

No, seriously- this her shout-out has beena long time coming.

As I've said before, I'm always being asked, 'where do you guys get this stuff???'. Well, after correcting their query by politely explaining that 'this' is not 'STUFF'- it's a collection of the most deliciously beautiful and stunningly gorgeous treasures in the whole wide world (uh, that IS the short description, thanks!), I go on to share that our assemblage is the result of extensive gathering from varied sources throughout the world. Uh huh, fer real. And then, on the rare occasion that I feel inclined to cut the crap and spill, I might offer the name of one of my incredible sources. Well, today is just sucha day, and you... are in luck! The source that I am about to reveal to you is truly (the) Crème de la Crème. Not only a source for design inspiration, beautiful objects, fresh combinations and thoughtful permutations, BUT these are lovely people. They are the sort that embody the Filthy Gorgeous Lifestyle honestly and sincerely. They are the type that make you feel good- like you've taken a special little something with you even when you didn't buy a thing- and trust me, THAT is rare in my industry! They're not boxed in by trends or fads or facades. Most importantly though, they understand that beauty can be found everywhere and is a delicacy best served raw. Alright, alright already... without much more kissy kissy, ladies and gentles today's inspirational peek at gawr-gisness is provided by, The Tattered House.


Wha... wait... is that... no... I mean, it cant be! Is that a Madonna?!?!??! NO WAY! You mean someone else out there likes religious 'stuff' for its aesthetic appeal and nothing more?!?!?! Hmmm... I guess it's true what they say, great minds think alike (no no I meant like me and The Tattered House both like relig... oh never mind!)- duh!






Holler fer a doller and some vintage bottles... sigh... me loves. This little grouping couldn't get any better even with the addition of a feathered boa and lots of chunky glitter! Well... ok, maybe a toucha sparkle wouldn't hurt... I mean, it never does. BUT the key is that glitter or not, here we can see the appreciation for beauty in even the seemingly ordinary. Don't you just love the pic too?! Of course you do.
















So Ive heard people say that I like to include elements of glamor into my designs. Truth be told, I don't know what they could be talking about. But I do know that I love the combination of the shimmery metallic upholstery with this classic French chair. Its kind of like putting on bright, glossy, red lipstick... not that I know anything about that... I mean... I'm jus sayin.











This picture makes my heart sing about unicorns and rainbows. HA! But seriously, it this not utterly serene. Pure bliss. Cozy, yet cool. I like, I love, I live. Seriously though, it's about the perfect combination of texture, color and style (i.e.: wrought iron backdrop, lace paneling, antique headboard, sumptuous bedding combination...)

So there you have it. And you're welcome. What can I say, I'm in a giving mood... and, well, these guys are just too good to keep under wraps. Now, should YOU be so bold as to desire to see The Tattered House for yerself and experience their talents, here is their contact, make sure to tell 'em Jonathan sent you, ha!

The Tattered House, LLC.
Vintage Living
417 Oak Street
Roseville, CA 95678
(916) 772-7700
www.TheTatteredHouse.com

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment