Monday, October 19, 2009

No nest like home...



My leedle weedle luver, Hugo, building his nest after I left for work this morning.


I received this pic in a text message that read, ‘why did he make a nest out of my clothes?’ from my partner this morning.  I heart my baby-boy Hugo!!! Don’t you just want to pinch those cheeks and squeeze his adorable little face?!?!?  No?  Ok maybe his IS a face that only his master could love, but my point in showing you this is to illustrate the importance of creating a space for yourself.  It’s natural people!  It’s instinctual!  And in our world of heightened stresses and excessive pressures, it’s crucial to maintaining our sanity!  Yet, for so many, a cozy environment that soothes and comforts their soul is often times last on the priority list.  Budgetary concerns, fear of ‘doing it wrong’, time constraints, etc. all become excuses to not work towards creating the home that we should have.  I’m not saying that we all need palatial estates with lavish furnishings, but I AM saying that we need more than just a collection of pieces selected simply because of price point of ease of access.  Why did he make a nest of the clothes on the closet floor?  Simple, he was feeling like he needed some comforting and creating a place that would quiet his stresses just seemed like the right thing to do!  We can all learn a lesson from Hugo! We all should take a little time to spin round and round… and round, kneading our materials and sculpting the surroundings until they become the warm, inviting and cushy place we will look forward to resting our weary rumps in!  

No comments:

Post a Comment