Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Step 1: Do I hire a designer, or go it alone?

Let me preface this discussion by saying the following: I am a firm believer in the notion that we ALL have our own unique talents. Some can sing, some can paint, some can cook (and if this is your particular niche, I will be home by six), some can act, some can physically out perform the rest (athletically that is! Now get your mind out of the gutter and back on track), and then some of us… can design. Further, while even I indulge in a few morning shower concerts, I know that my abilities to create beauty are, uh, well, limited to the development of spaces. And therefore (usually, at least), I chose to keep my musicality to myselfs. Trust and believe it is a favor for which you will never be able to thank me enough! Yes ma'am! But now, what am I trying to say? Alright, brace yourself, here it is: if you can’t design (and you KNOW who you are- don’t play!), gurl, GET SOME HELP! ‘But I can’t afford a designer- they’re so expensive!’ Really?!?! Methinks buying the same items repeatedly because you didn’t buy the right element the first time around might be why you can’t afford a designer, right? Wait, wait, wait, and think about it, thiiiink aboouut it, aaand yes! I am right, see? OR, at the VERY least, ask a stylish friend for their opinion before you buy ANYTHING! There is no shame in acknowledging where your weaknesses lie and then seeking some assistance- NONE. We just aren't all able, and for those of you whose pride just won’t allow the admission of a personal lack of ability, I offer my encouragement and support and ideas. I cant promise you that you will produce the look of your dreams or be living The Filthy Gorgeousness of it all, but I will try my very best to provide easy to follow plans for beauteous ideas, consistently up-to-date concepts, and I will pull that loose back, rolled arm, slip-covered monstrosity of a sofa from your living room and gently hurl it into the trash and you into THIS decade. And all because I’m just that sort of philanthropic guy :)

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment